Do you have a caring nature and want to help people maintain an independent life at home, if so, have you considered a role as live in care worker?
Live in Care worker urgently required for our Stevenage office with an immediate start. Main place of work is Ware.
The carer is required to meet the personal care and support needs of the client in their home in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care provision are maintained at all times
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Living Well Homecare
- Liaise closely with management at all times, reporting any concerns, changes or difficulties regarding the client
- Duties will include aspects of personal care to allow the Client to maintain their personal hygiene, appearance, and physical comfort
- To provide assistance, with other tasks of daily living which may include cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of their environment, shopping and laundry (when required)
- To assist the Client to take medication as identified in their care plan
- Participate in team meetings, staff events, attend any training provided by the company
- To work as part of a team with colleagues and work closely with other professionals involved with the Clients care for example District Nurses.
- Maintain records such as MAR Charts in a clear, legible, and professional manner
- To provide social support, talking and listening to the Client. Helping them to maintain contact with friends and family and other contacts in potentially isolating situations
- Act on own initiative and exercise decision making skills, as far as possible and wherever appropriate and develop knowledge and good practice Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience working as a Live-in Care desirable but not essential
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English language communication skills
- Full DBS check
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
A genuine desire to make a positive difference to the lives of others with the ability to promote wellbeing through positive attitude and work practices The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to client group with the ability to build professional relationships Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation
What we offer
- Guaranteed Hours
- Career development
- Great rates of pay £500-£600 per week
- Enhanced rates of pay for Bank Holidays
- Paid holiday
- Paid mileage
- Regular refresher training
- Regular supervision
- Opportunity to study for Diploma in Health and Social Care
Requirements of the Live in Carer
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous care experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and to remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic, reliable and compassionate
- Full drivers’ licence and own car
For an application form call 01438 300 360
|Salary:||£500 - £600 per week|