Senior Carer – Build your Carer Career with an ‘Outstanding’ branch
As Senior Carer you will work with our Registered Care Manager and Care Supervisor ensuring our team of Home Care Assistants deliver the highest possible level of care to our private clients who have 1 hour visits in their own homes across South Bucks. Your days will be a blend of supporting new and experienced care assistants, on boarding new clients, delivering care and office-based responsibilities.
You will be calm and patient with attention to detail and the desire to ensure our Clients receive great Care. You will be adaptable and open minded enough to successfully blend your current care experience with Right at Home’s policies and methods of working, whilst always looking to offer suggestions to improve our offering.
Your personal values will be similar to our own values. You will take pride in developing those around you and will be confident enough to ask for guidance when you do not understand something. Overall, you will want to be seen as a role model to your colleagues and a dependable pillar of support to the Care Manager and Supervisor.
Hours, Salary & Flexibility
You will undoubtedly already know that Care is not a 9 to 5 Mon to Fri job so a degree of flexibility in your work pattern will be essential. That said, we are very open to being flexible and considerate with your hours of work so that this role fits around your home and social life.
This is a full-time role with a salary and further opportunity to work additional paid overtime if desired.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Mentoring and development of the Care Team
- Ensure Care Plans are accurate and updated
- Caregiver spot checks
- Holding periodic client reviews
- Shadowing training new CareGivers
- Ensuring the Care team follow policies and procedures
- On-boarding new clients and handing them over to their regular Carer
- Auditing of Communication Logs and MAR Charts
- Building relationships with client families and care professionals
- Introducing clients and family to new Care Assistants
About Right at Home
Right at Home High Wycombe is one of only Domicilary Home Care providers in Wycombe District to be rated by the CQC as ‘Outstanding’. We are part of a network of 70 Right at Home branches that focus on quality rather than quantity.
Homecare.co.uk, the UK’s largest Independent homecare review website rank Right at Home as the no.1 Homecare provider group in the UK. For the third successive year we have been awarded 5 Star Employer Status by WorkBuzz the independent employee engagement research company.
Desirable For The Role
- Minimum of 12 months experience of delivering hands-on care
- Previous supervisory experience in any sector
- Hold a Level 2 QCF/NVQ in Health & Social Care or be working towards it
- Computer literate (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Upbeat verbal, written and face to face communication style
- UK driving licence with access to a car (Essential)
We know that most Senior Carers enjoy being out in the community supporting the team and meeting clients. We also know that some Team Leaders will eventually be looking to move into a more senior role such as Care Co-ordinator, Care Supervisor or Care Manager. Where possible, we always aim to promote from within, which is supported by the relevant training, coaching and qualification to help you move up the career ladder, should you wish.
The Next Step
Whether you are considering a change from your current Care employer to develop your career, or, you are looking to come back into Care after a break and feel you can offer many of the desired skills, please apply here and we can discuss if joining our team is the right move for you